Menstruation for some ladies can be extremely painful, and the heavy flow can lead to a horrible period. There are ways to lighten, shorten and even stop your unpleasant period, depending on your necessities. However, always consult your personal doctor first, but if you want a few tips about how to stop your period, continue reading.
A Tranexamic acid drug is a medication that can induce clotting of your blood in the uterus, and thus reduce heavy bleeding by 30 to 60 percent. Take 2 to 3 tablets, 3 to 4 times a day when your flow starts. These doses can continue for 3 to 4 days depending on your period.
Another way of how to stop your period is to take painkillers. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen, naproxen and mefenamic acid are painkillers that you can try to control your menstrual flow. These drugs help to reduce cramps associated with menstruation, and even reduce bleeding by about 20 to 50 percent. Take them 3 to 4 times daily before your cycle begin and continue using them until it’s over.
Finally, you can use Gonadotropin drugs to reduce the bleeding and even stop your period completely. However, they should be used for a short term basis because they are quite expensive and lead to dangerous side effects. In fact,they interfere with your estrogen in your body. Additionally, long term use can result to osteoporosis or weak bones
You can use flexible cups
There are flexible cups known as softcups which are inserted via the vaginas and kept in front of the cervixes to collect menstrual flows. Softcup doesn’t stop the period; however, it prevents the blood from flowing from the vagina. The main advantage of using this gadget is that you can wear it for up to twelve hours and reuse it during your period. Additionally, it prevents your period without any side effects of drugs or hormones. Use it while traveling, having sex or even swimming.
- To avoid any leakage, use a new one instead of reusing it.
- This cup doesn’t prevent pregnancy; don’t use it as a contraceptive gadget.
A final note: Stopping your period may lead to hemorrhoids, which are very hard to get rid of. This is not convenient, but we must note the possible remfifcations. However, you you get hemorrhoids,
You can look in this resource, which will explain how to relief hemorrhoids quickly and easily.
Think about surgery
Your doctor may advise surgery to stop or control your periods. This can happen if you have a medical condition which leads to heavy flow such a uterine fibroid, endometriosis or myoma. This will stop your periods completely from coming, but it will be conducted only if other surgical methods are not successful. Other surgical methods are:
- Removal of your myoma or myomectomy – a non cancerous tumor inside your uterus
- Uterine artery embolization to block arteries thus lead to shrinking of your fibroids
- Endometrial ablation to destroy your uterus inner lining
The natural ways
The best method of how to stop your period is to go the natural ways. Here are some few examples:
- Take a lot of water or even juice to lighten your period
- Consume a lot healthy foods, fruits and vegetables to ease your menstrual symptoms
- To slow your cycle, take green beans
- Take a solution of water and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to slow your period and calm your symptoms.
- Take a mixture of gelatin and water to lower and even stop your period for a few hours – about 3 hours
- Suck lemon to stop the flow temporarily
- Finally, take a bath to stop or slow your period flow for a while.